I give "The Phantom of the Opera" two thumbs up! It was a spectacular performance, definitely one that is once in a life-time! I was awed by the side-effects, stage set-up and the performance on a whole. It was way better than I expected with much efforts into the itsy bitsy details just to make the entire Esplanade theatre have the atmosphere of the Paris Opera house. I especially enjoyed the way the actors were so indulged into the characters they played and not forgetting all the operatic singing that even though made my hair stand but I was filled with awe and applause for the performers! The orchestra was amazing with a female conductor that put me in total admiration!
I enjoyed myself even more with the company of my friends Serene, Madeline & Jasmine to the show =) Okay, I know Mag & Jas were giggling at the fact that I keep getting "shoot at" by Serene that I feel so stupid myself! Haha! Serene was so sleepy after a long day at work that she kept dozing off during the show! A few nudges from me helped woke her up and at least she caught 3/4 of the show! Nonetheless, not forgeting the scenes from the show where there were gun shots and totally shock me with a leap from my seat! Serene can't help laughing when my reaction was so big. (aye! Serene I see you laughing there!) Haha! I'm so glad I brought Mag & Jas to this production, their first time into Esplanade and as critics say, "If there is only 1 show you will watch this year, you must catch this one!". I'm sure the girls enjoyed themselves =) Getting special privilledge from my boss at the bar to personally pour Champagne for them and cheersing for the night's performance. Haha! Patrons around must be wondering who these "big shots" are. Okay, at least I gave face to take a sip from the glass of champagne before totally surrendering it to Serene 'cos I can't stand the taste of alcohol! It was a wonderful evening indeed and I truely enjoyed myself =)
Did I mention I was so sick before I caught the show yesterday? Frankly, mum is crossing her fingers that this is nothing serious 'cos I have been continuously unwell since like a month back? I had bad diarrhoea yesterday followed by a sudden shot of high fever but still dragged myself out. Felt so giddy among the crowds and unstable especially being in heels. Luckily after meeting Mag & Serene and chatting over a warm cup of hot chocolate, I felt much better =) yes, like they made me admit, I was well again 'cos I was filled with love from them. Haha! Love those people so much! <3
But it's back to square one again today =( Diarrhoea, feverish & giddy spells. WTH. Oh yes, my living room is undergoing a make over =) The new furniture will be delivered today and I shall share some pictures with you guys of the procedures =)
All those out there who haven't got tickets to "The Phantom of the Opera", what are you waiting for?!? Performance ends 13th May so hurry! I promise you it is an experience that's beyond words that can describe the magnificient performance!
That's Jas, Mag & myself at the Esplanade before the show! Din manage to take one with Serene!
That's how the TV consol set in my living room used to look like
Here is how it looks like after the old set was removed. Stained walls!
And here's how it look currently after mummy added a fresh coat of paint =)
Presenting to you, my price-possesion =) A Barbie doll house with appro. 30 Barbies collected since I was 2 years old. My mum & I do clean it once in 2 months and the itsy bitsy things to clean takes us at least 3 hours to complete!