..Prologue..

ISABELLE
Loves the Arts
Thinker.
Child of God.

..Speech..

..Backstage..

Designer: me = )

 



Monday, March 26, 2007


Another 3 weeks of holiday & it'll be back to school. I can't believe how my holidays passed by so quickly! The first 5 weeks was spent at work with the childcare & I would say I have gained lots of experience. Though there were times where I faced difficult colleagues, parents & disorganized management, I had a fun time with all the little kiddos! I realise the joy of caring for the younger ones (age 1 plus to 2 years). They may be the ones who cry the most, needs to be carried frequently and singing lullabys was a necessity, they are also the ones who never talked back but always smile no matter what you say. It may have been the busiest and most hectic holiday I have ever encountered, but it was all worth while =)



I am still under the weather after so long! Coughing and having no appetite. Hope I will get better soon. Besides all work and falling sick, I caught 2 theatre shows this month, namely "Titoudao" & "Coppelia". Titoudao was such a heartwarming production! I'm glad I brought mummy along to the show 'cos it gave her lots of fond memories dated back in the 1950s. It gave me an insight into olden days wayang performance. I wish it still existed, 'cos I will be there to support & applaud the actors (even though I may not understand the dialect very well). The story taught me how performing wayang was the actor's only source of rice bowl & how everything changes as society develops & catergorize wayang as "noise pollution". Sad isn't it? Those who haven't caught this production should consider! It ends 31st March.



Coppelia was worth watching too! I caught it with Xin ying who is a ballet-productions-fanatic just like me! The dancers brought out the storyline well & added a taste of comedy through their fine moves. Managed to get back-stage for awhile & yes, I miss performing days. I shall work hard!



Phantom of the Opera has begun & I'm sure darn excited to watch it! Have worked at the Esplanade during the weekends & I was already drooling over the sets & costumes for the show! The changing room I go to is lined up with cargos & I can imagine how much hard work the back stage crew took to make every performance a success. Every night's performance from day 1 to the last day is nearing full house! That makes it 1870++ patrons! Gosh. Those who haven't gotten your tickets, what are you waiting for??


penned down my thoughts @ 1:28 PM