..Prologue..

ISABELLE
Loves the Arts
Thinker.
Child of God.

..Speech..

..Backstage..

Designer: me = )

 



Wednesday, February 21, 2007


3 days of CNY public holidays passed so quickly! Can't believe I'm starting working in 2 days time. (boo-hoo to that!) Come think of it, school will begin in no time! =X As we age, time seems to pass by faster than we expect it to. Before we know it, it's already too late to re-call what exactly happened probably just 2 months back on this date! Frankly, the speed at which time and years are passing by scares me. I'll be in my 20s this year for goodness sake! Hard to believe some-how that I've already lived and breathed for 20 years on earth. I guess I am rather afraid to think about the future but thinking about the present as of everyday is a satisfaction to me. I just hope to make everyday a fruitful one.



Back to the 3 days of CNY. This year was no different from the previous year. Ever since my maternal grandparents passed on, mummy's siblings some-how went on seperate ways and the yearly gathering at CNY where there was nothing but fun, chit-chatters, playing of cards, laughing and sharing of the adult's childhood stories to the younger generation just seem to fall apart. I always recalled back the good old days where the adults chat and laughed as they reminince about the past while the children would be running around the house with shrieks of joy jumping on beds and playing hide-and-seek. Only 1 aunt of my is keeping this tradition going on as she invites the family to her house for buffet lunch and an entire afternoon of catch ups and talk-nonsense sessions. =) This usually occurs on the 3rd day of CNY which is today! (20th Feb.) I went over to my aunt's place about noon and the house was already packed with my cousin's classmates and colleagues. The best moment was when a cousin of my and I met! It has been years since we last met! The last she remembered of me was me in long hair, pushed-up fringe and plump-ness! O_O She took a good 10 seconds look at me before finally shrieking "OMG! It's my Isabelle!" Haha! At least she remembered my name =) Some uncles were having this guessing game 'cos my name was "too-hard-to-remember". Oh, and all of my relatives were fascinated with my make-over look! They kept admiring my short-hair and complimenting how good I look now. Wahaha! I must have looked horrible in my long hair back then! I was PLUMP! Oh gosh. We looked through photo-albums that existed from 1920s! Those belonged to my late grandparents when they were younger. Had good laughs, recalled good old days and poked fun at an uncle who kept insisting he only weighed 3 pounds at birth. -_-



At night I went over to my paternal grandmother's place for dinner. As usual, I felt left out. I was never really close to anyone from that side of my family. So half the time I was stoning on the sofa and receiving ang baos. My sis was so engrossed playing with the younger cousins, I think she forgot I was there! Haha.. Kids as we all know them =) I had very little for dinner despite the wide spread on the dinner table. I just don't feel as accepted there compared to mummy's sibilings. Probably 'cos they were the ones who really watched and cared for me as I grew up =) Some cousins at my age tried keeping accompanied, appreciate their concerns but most of them are engrossed with their girlfriends present la! =) Oh well, family matters run in a long list that sometimes never seem to satisfy an individual.



2nd day of CNY was memorable too! Mummy's kiddos came for a visit with their mummy. I had fun playing with lil Nicole & Megan. To think that now lil Nicole can run and wonder around on her own, we spotted her climbing up my stair-case bed on her own! (but I abandoned that bed, a lil too childish for me =X) Nonetheless, my barbie doll house got wrecked! Haha..So mummy and I had to spend 2 hours clearing up and fixing back heads-apart barbies and lil nick-nacks under the furniture! Kinda heart-ache frankly speaking. Megan almost tore down my entire barbie doll house cos she fell when trying to reach the top of the house and dragged the house down as she fell! x_x It was fun needless to say, with 2 cutie pies making the house so lively =) Mum and I then decided to drop by the new Ikea stall at Tampines! Whee! Did a mini make-over for my room 'cos I bought new green table lamp, a photo album and a blue vase to store my Calla Lilies =) Will take a picture of my room's mini make-over! Mum and I had so much fun chatting as we browsed through the furnitures at Ikea, making comments like "Oh no! We have to change the sofa! The TV consol set! My working table!" etc etc. If only a fortune falls upon us =)



Many relatives kept asking about my future plans when I graduate with a Diploma cert. next year. I some-how seem to reply each of them rather confidently about my decision to fly with SIA. None of them disagreed but instead pushed for the idea, claiming it will be a good exposure for me =) Even gor and jie doubled the idea. But mummy is keeping very silent about the idea, I wonder what she has in mind about my half-decided decision. However, flying with SIA means I have to forfeit many things; ballet and violin classes, time with family, the risk of losing contact with my ECH field when I travel around the world and time with friends. What suggestions you guys have in mind for me? =)



Talking about friends, it is so saddening now that I realize, many of my Secondary school friends have drifted away! You-mei, Audrey, Shanae, Ruby, Geanarvy.. I miss this bunch to bits. They some-how seem to forget I exist. It's scary knowing how fragile friendships are.



On a lighter note, I have gotten my tickets to Phantom of the Opera on 10th April at 8pm! Yipee! =) Bought the tickets that cost $122, better view as advised from the sistics saleslady. Will be going with Mag, Jasmine and Rene! =) Can't wait can't wait!


penned down my thoughts @ 12:45 AM