..Prologue..

ISABELLE
Loves the Arts
Thinker.
Child of God.

..Speech..

..Backstage..

Designer: me = )

 



Friday, October 20, 2006


Had a day off from school today, which was supposedly a Thursday now that it's pass midnight & into the Friday. No lessons for me on this day during the odd weeks! whee! Guess it's a good opportunity to just slack & chill before the weeks come by & this day off from school will be occupied by the mounting projects! As wished, I had a fulfilling day! =)



Got up early for breakfast at the muffin place! Was predictably late to meet bestie as ususal with the usual excuse of oversleeping. Opps! Had a scrumptious double-choc muffin (new flavour!) & half of a slice of blueberry cheesecake & strawberry cheesecake! yum yum! Was definitely a satisfying meal. Chatted with the boss & aunties a lil before taking our leave. Miss them all so much! =(



Bestie & I decided to go on a Biennale trip today! Got interested by catching this programme on Channel U last night so decided to go check it out for myself. Headed down to City Hall, the old Supreme Court at the Padang. If you guys have the time, do go check out the various venues showing different exhibitions for the Biennale! I got all so geared up & excited when I reach the location! First time stepping into a court & getting a feel of how it actually feels like being inside. There were several art pieces that kept me thinking, some that made me confused, those that gave me an injection of emotions & some that shoved shivers down my spine. The venue being a Supreme Court also meant that some art pieces touched on topics that maneuvered with life & death. Stories told through pictures, paintings & videos. I got the opportunity to explore the court rooms & stood in the places where the judge, lawyers & prosecutors lay foot on. Some of the rooms were litted which made me less frighten to look around. While a number of them were pitch dark with just a ray of red light shone on the prosecutor seat. Sound effects filled the room with a racing heart beat at the prosecutor's seat and clock ticking away by the judge's stand. Gosh. I swear I was shivering inside. Only gung-ho (outgoing) bestie went all way out to even explore the little details of windows & doors by attempting to open any that crosses her view! I had such a good laugh! Most of the time I think I was hiding behind her back! Haha..I'm kean to look around & get the feel of the art portrayed by the artists but I guess there's still that little scary cat part of me.



Yet I enjoyed myself so much! There were so many other art pieces that touched the hearts of those who don't stand in the victim's shoes. Religion & the topic on art pieces moving on into one that brings about more life & movement were being touched on. One of the most memorable was the one where money notes were replaced by time. With a $20 note, it gives you 12 years of time. How would you spend it? In our society, so many work hours to earn the money. The longer hours you work, the more money you earn. But with that, the lesser time you have to spend that money wisely. Often, people would splurge on in-that-second need of pleasure for something or leisure that is so unnecessary. If purchasing something in turn uses up time instead of cash, how would you organise your time? Something that keeps the mind thinking doesn't it?



Go check out Biennale for youself & experience the once in awhile artistic point of view about your Belief. =)


penned down my thoughts @ 12:11 AM