Let's recount my experience at the new salon I visited yesterday for my new hair cut. It's situated at Siglap at a salon name ColourBar. Stylish looking and their hair stylist all look young and non-local. I debated with the idea of whether or not to have a new hair cut the whole of Saturday and Sunday, especiallly after my bestie cut her hair on Sat, it made me even more tempted to go for it! Har har. Pacing around the whole house on Sunday before I finally decide to give myself a new look. Mum got so annoyed with me in a joking manner and told me that we teenagers are so "ma fan" (troublesome) Hohoho.
Got to the salon with mum and we took a seat. Asked the receptionist guy to show us some hairstyling magazine but was given Female, HerWorld and Glamore. Dots. So mum had to go ask for it again. We thought that receptionist guy was a hairstylist too but he ended up just a helper around. He looks like some professional with a scissors though. He told us to wait while the Creative Hairstylist attends to another lady. Wow. Creative Hairstylist. I am curious to find out how creative. After mum & I glanced through those magazines and decided on how my make over should look like, the creative hairstylist came. A girl of probably not more than 22 years old, possibly an Indonesian with that slang in the way she speaks. Neat looking with a professional look in this. Mum & I tried explaining to her what we wanted but guess what? She refused to listen to us but was giving other ideas! At a certain point, both parties seem to have gotten fed-up. Harhar. She then convinced me to let her do the cut and we can see from there. I think she noticed it was my mum who was the persistent one. So I agreed to let her begin. I swear I never had a more fearful hair-cut. She look so serious & professional in her cut that she began to look scary. For the entire hair-cut, I din even dare look in the mirror! She asked a few questions inbetween and I tried conversing with her. But nooo..she did not listen. She just wanted that yes or no answer and the rest is history. Wow. I got even more frightened with her concentrated looks so I decided to stare at the scenery out there. After a few minutes of snipping, Eureka! My new hairstyle! Mum first thought she would do a bad job cos she din wanna listen to our comments but it turned out that she had an idea what hairstyle suits me best and that I would like it too. Amazing isn't it? No doubts of her as Creative Hairstylist man.
It was only after the cut was done and I went for the wash that she became more personable, not so intimidating to speak to. So she ended up teaching me ways to style my new hair style and was quite a funny conversation I would say. I still won't deny she's fierce when she's serious at work. Mum was full of awe at her skills and was giving upteen praises. Harhar. I finally found the suitable hairstylist to do my hair! No more headaches on salon selection! Wanna see my new hairstyle? Haha..