..Prologue..

ISABELLE
Loves the Arts
Thinker.
Child of God.

..Speech..

..Backstage..

Designer: me = )

 



Thursday, September 14, 2006


Fobidden City today!! *whee!!* Have been waiting for this day for SO LONG please.. I only get to hear all the singing going on inside the theatre during these few nights of work. I can almost memorise the songs & tunes that goes along with it! When I return back to work on Friday, I shall start bragging how fantabulous the show is! Haha.. My working colleague, Serene was telling us how impressed she was with the show so I bet it can't be bad. First time bringing my mummy dear to Esplanade! She's getting herself dolled up! *aww..* I managed to purchase stall tickets for us cos she is afraid of heights, especially those in theatres. Really hope she will enjoy herself tonight. Has been eons since I last spent quality time with mummy! Both of us have been so so busy at work. And for me? I am home only by midnight and really, I only get to speak so few words to her. I kinda miss her at work sometimes.



Work yesterday was such a great exposure to me. I worked for the afternoon show as well as the night show. Met my colleagues to do the usual stuffs of collecting uniform and all. Then came the afternoon show. I was posted to circle 3 bar, alone. Yes, ALONE. I was quite worried & getting those panicky fits but managed to calm myself down a little later. Boss kept commenting that I am still not confident at my work. Though frankly I don't like the idea of pin-pointing one's good and bad during group briefings, I promise myself that I must work hard & prove them wrong. I am not always that quiet & shy girl.



The whole level of circle 3 seats were taken up by secondary school kids! OMG. Usher Freddie was telling me to get ready all the coke and snacks. Haha! We decided to mark down the prices for the students as this can more likely gain business. It work! It did & I almost went crazy during the intermission. The school kids were practically bullying me!! Gosh. I shall not mention the school here but really, they are too much! Lucky my boss came to help me and the kids knew they could not fool around anymore. Heh heh. Guess what was the outcome? I manage to earn quite a few hundreds just by selling drinks and snacks to these teenagers! I was proud of myself. But could have done better, really..



Right after the afternoon show, we barely had any time to waste! We had to replenish goods and it was quite a few good trips up and down theatre and concert halls. Was a good chance for me to familiarise my way around! Before we even expected time to move by the seconds, we had to get ready for night show. Frankly, my legs were dying! So not only ballet makes my feet ache, now the court shoes I have to wear are killing me too! Best of all! Guess what? I did circle 3 bar alone for night show again. WOW. Like circle 3 bar was my baby yesterday! Was more calm by that time. Made friends with more urshers! So they helped kill my boredom blues today by coming to the bar to chit-chat with me & even helped me clear glasses after the intermission! What sweet people! Sales was BAD. Unexpected. I prepared glasses of wine and champagne but barely sold just 2 red wine. Really disappointed. But colleagues said circle 3 bar is often like this, that is why they call it the training ground. Really hope to improve myself over the next few weeks.



Oh ya! The urshers are trying to psycho me into joining their force. Haha! Frankly, I was looking for the urshers job in the first place but I am still relatively happy where I am.



Thanks to Joyce who never fails to keep me close to the group. She is such an angel at work! The one who understands my personality and accepts me for who I am. The one who takes the same train home as me and is of great company! She teaches me lots of stuffs & I really appreciate her presence.



And to Serene, hope she is feeling better now. Life has its ups and downs. The downs teach you values & makes you a stronger person so hang in there! Thanks to her for being the one who is always ready to share and help. I know I annoy her by my constant politeness at work but I am sure she is getting used to it. Haha! She is also one of those who accepts me for who I am. Really appreciate her presence!



I will hang in there though not everyone understands my personality. Did I mention that I MISS ballet to bits? Haven't dance close to a week! Not to mention, my violin is growing dust. Off to practice practice practice! =D


penned down my thoughts @ 11:29 AM