..Prologue..

ISABELLE
Loves the Arts
Thinker.
Child of God.

..Speech..

..Backstage..

Designer: me = )

 



Sunday, August 13, 2006


Today, technically a Saturday but it's already pass midnight, begin with me being in such grumpy moods! I had about 12 hours of sleep last night, got up feeling so blur and asking myself questions like "what day is it today? what am I doing here?". Had breakfast and was online to post pictures from the study-day on Thursday. I refused to log off even though knowing I still had music theory homework to complete! Manage to threaten myself to get off with the fact that time was running up and I still had to practice before attending violin class! At class, I was in absolute distraction! Kept playing wrong notes and Mr. Leong got a little fussy. He figured I wasn't in the mood for this and shortened class today. So I ended up having a talk with him! He told me something really realistic and philosophical.. "What does not kill you, makes you a stronger person" =) How true that is! It spurred up my day and he ended class telling me to just go out and have some fun. =)



And so the night of chilling out and having fun begins! I met You-mei at City Hall in the evening for lunch before the play we were about to catch. According to my informative brother, the areas around Esplanade today is extremely pack due to the last day of fireworks display! Golly! It was sardine pack at City Hall MRT that I need not had to walk cos people pushed me to my destination! Decided to meet You-mei elsewhere cos I doubt she can spot a small me in a huge noisy crowd! Headed to the new dining basement level at Raffles City and had dinner at The Pizza Place. Simple and satisfying dinner! Woo! Sweet You-mei knew I was in a foul mood today, so she made me a pair of green and purple earings! How touching! =) After dinner, I decided that having a cup of ice-cream was necessary for me! With all that bugs me in my mind, I need something to melt away all that thoughts. What's anything better compared to a cup of mouth-watering and sinful cup of ice-cream from Bens & Jerry!! =D I used up all the money my mum gave me for tonight's dinner! I guess she expected some left overs but.. *opps*



After all the self-pampering, we headed down to catch the play situated near Mohamed Sultan Road at a place called theatreworks. It was entitled Fairy Godfather and in collaboration with the LGBT festive. The dramatised play is about transexuals and I would say, it very much reflects many family lives in this century. It is so factual in our society but just that many stereotype these people and thus many would rather remain low profile. When I first got to the theatre, I felt a little uneasy. There were lots of men, highly possibly gays. There were a small number of ladies present but the numbers grew as the play begin shortly. I chose to sit at the back probably cos I still haven't broke out from the uneasiness to the environment. My eyes kept wondering around the place but my mind reminds me that this is what I want, an exposure to all areas of Art. I personally have nothing against these people, they are after all humans like you and I. It is just that society is so die-hard about girl and boy relationships that the issue of gays and lesbians become such a yucky and touchy thing here in S'pore. I believe everyone has a choice of their own. So what if they fall for the common sex? It is about the love they share that matters, not whether they are straight or not. God made us who we are, if you descriminate them, won't you be descriminating God? They didn't chose to be like that - if I ask of you to stop loving your boyfriend or girlfriend, can you do it? Everyone functions in a similar way and I believe a relationship forms a foundation of love that is magnificent be it in a straight way, or a transexual way. I wish the society ostracises less on these people when after all, it is just a relationship so simple. Look around you and you may never expect it but someone close to you may very well be a transexual! So please, grow up!



As the play begin, I got myself immersed with the different characters in the show. I tried putting myself in each of their shoes and it has given me such an insight to the sometimes cruelty in life. We all can't have our piece of cake and eat it. It often falls between a choice of two. Like in many, whether it's a relationship or studies. Some can't handle both at the same time. Often we think, life is unfair. But I believe God made it such so we will not be complacent people. If he gives us all that we want, we will not be his humble people. Oh well, life is like this! I just appreciate all that I have in life, the friends, the family and the opportunities. I often question myself why people take their leave in my life. Why is it that I do not have as many friends as some others may have. I often blame myself for a lost of a friend. But today, I understood one thing from my bestie - I did not lose anyone, it is simply the party's choice to shut their doors on me and take their leave. They are still who they are to me, it is just their choice to say goodbye. I may have few friends, but least I know they are trusted and genuine! =)


penned down my thoughts @ 12:47 AM